Family Safe Driving Agreement
Simple Steps We Can Take For Safer Driving
Do your part to put an end to distracted driving. Below is EndDD’s checklist of simple steps you can take to avoid being a distracted driver and to protect myself, my friends and family and others from preventable crashes. Please read through these steps and decide if you can commit to that step.
YES! I CAN.
1. Drive without sending or receiving texts.
2. Call/text before I start driving to let parents, friends and others know when I’ll arrive.
3. Pull over to a safe location to check texts or listen to voice mail.
4. Deputize my passenger when I am driving to text or make calls for me.
5. When alone, turn my cell phone off or on vibrate before starting to drive.
6. Wait to text or call others until they have stopped driving.
7. Stop texting, or end phone conversations with others once I learn they are driving.
8.Pull over to a safe location or wait until I am finished driving to eat or apply make-up.
9. Pull over to a safe location or wait until I am finished driving to adjust music, change CD’s, check Facebook, surf the internet, scroll through I-Pods, I -phones or similar devices.
10. When being driven by a distracted driver ask the driver to drive safer.
11. As a passenger, share the responsibility for arriving safely with my driver and offer help so my driver does not drive distracted.